Arizona Laws > Title 3 > Chapter 15 – Animal and Bird Feeds
Current as of: 2022 | Check for updates | Other versions
|Article 1||Commercial and Customer-Formula Feeds||3-2601 – 3-2616|
|Article 2||Egg Mash||3-2641|
|Article 3||Garbage Fed to Swine||3-2661 – 3-2669|
|Article 4||Meat Used as Animal Food||3-2691 – 3-2695|
Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 3 > Chapter 15 - Animal and Bird Feeds
- Act: means a bodily movement. See Arizona Laws 13-105
- Adult: means a person who has attained eighteen years of age. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Affected commodity: means the specific citrus, fruit or vegetable that is regulated pursuant to article 2 or 4 of this chapter and that is subject to the marketing agreement or order or the proposed marketing agreement or order. See Arizona Laws 3-401
- Affected person: means a producer or shipper of an affected commodity. See Arizona Laws 3-401
- agreement: means an agreement that is developed by producers or shippers of the affected commodity and that is entered into by the director pursuant to this article. See Arizona Laws 3-401
- ALIRT agreement: means the Arizona livestock incident response team agreement established between the department and a university under the jurisdiction of the Arizona board of regents. See Arizona Laws 3-2601
- Allegation: something that someone says happened.
- Answer: The formal written statement by a defendant responding to a civil complaint and setting forth the grounds for defense.
- Arrest: Taking physical custody of a person by lawful authority.
- Associate director: means the associate director of the citrus, fruit and vegetable division of the department. See Arizona Laws 3-401
- Brand: means the term, design or trademark and other specific designation under which an individual commercial feed is distributed in this state. See Arizona Laws 3-2601
- Commercial feed: means all materials, except whole seeds unmixed or physically altered entire unmixed seeds, that are distributed for use as feed or for mixing in feed. See Arizona Laws 3-2601
- commission: means the marketing commission established under section 3-413. See Arizona Laws 3-401
- committee: means a marketing committee established by a marketing agreement according to section 3-426. See Arizona Laws 3-401
- Community supervision: means that portion of a felony sentence that is imposed by the court pursuant to section 13-603, subsection I and that is served in the community after completing a period of imprisonment or served in prison in accordance with Section 41-1604. See Arizona Laws 13-105
- Conduct: means an act or omission and its accompanying culpable mental state. See Arizona Laws 13-105
- Crime: means a misdemeanor or a felony. See Arizona Laws 13-105
- Customer-formula feed: means a mixture of commercial feed or feed materials, or both, each batch of which is mixed according to the specific instructions of the final purchaser. See Arizona Laws 3-2601
- Dangerous instrument: means anything that under the circumstances in which it is used, attempted to be used or threatened to be used is readily capable of causing death or serious physical injury. See Arizona Laws 13-105
- Dangerous offense: means an offense involving the discharge, use or threatening exhibition of a deadly weapon or dangerous instrument or the intentional or knowing infliction of serious physical injury on another person. See Arizona Laws 13-105
- Deadly weapon: means anything designed for lethal use, including a firearm. See Arizona Laws 13-105
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Distribute: means to offer for sale, sell, barter or otherwise supply commercial feeds or customer-formula feeds, but does not include or apply to any feeds supplied for consumption on the premises of the supplier. See Arizona Laws 3-2601
- Division: means the environmental services division of the Arizona department of agriculture. See Arizona Laws 3-2601
- Economic loss: means any loss incurred by a person as a result of the commission of an offense. See Arizona Laws 13-105
- Enterprise: includes any corporation, association, labor union or other legal entity. See Arizona Laws 13-105
- establishment: means a house or place in which horses, asses, mules, burros, cows, sheep or goats are slaughtered, packed or processed. See Arizona Laws 3-2691
- Ex officio: Literally, by virtue of one's office.
- Extradition: The formal process of delivering an accused or convicted person from authorities in one state to authorities in another state.
- Feed ingredient: means each of the constituent materials making up a commercial feed. See Arizona Laws 3-2601
- Felony: means an offense for which a sentence to a term of imprisonment in the custody of the state department of corrections is authorized by any law of this state. See Arizona Laws 13-105
- Firearm: means any loaded or unloaded handgun, pistol, revolver, rifle, shotgun or other weapon that will or is designed to or may readily be converted to expel a projectile by the action of expanding gases, except that it does not include a firearm in permanently inoperable condition. See Arizona Laws 13-105
- Fresh meat: means meat of a horse, mule, ass, burro, cow, sheep or goat, and includes any product containing any such meat. See Arizona Laws 3-2691
- Garbage: means waste consisting in whole or in part of animal waste resulting from handling, preparing, cooking and consuming of foods, including the offal from animal or poultry carcasses or parts thereof. See Arizona Laws 3-2661
- Garnishment: Generally, garnishment is a court proceeding in which a creditor asks a court to order a third party who owes money to the debtor or otherwise holds assets belonging to the debtor to turn over to the creditor any of the debtor
- Government: means the state, any political subdivision of the state or any department, agency, board, commission, institution or governmental instrumentality of or within the state or political subdivision. See Arizona Laws 13-105
- Grand jury: agreement providing that a lender will delay exercising its rights (in the case of a mortgage,
- Juror: A person who is on the jury.
- Label: means a display of written, printed or graphic matter on or affixed to the container in which a commercial feed is distributed, or on the invoice or delivery slip with which a commercial feed or customer-formula feed is distributed. See Arizona Laws 3-2601
- Magistrate: means an officer having power to issue a warrant for the arrest of a person charged with a public offense and includes the chief justice and justices of the supreme court, judges of the superior court, judges of the court of appeals, justices of the peace and judges of a municipal court. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Misdemeanor: means an offense for which a sentence to a term of imprisonment other than to the custody of the state department of corrections is authorized by any law of this state. See Arizona Laws 13-105
- Official sample: means any sample of feed taken by the director or the director's agent and designated as official. See Arizona Laws 3-2601
- order: means an order that is developed by producers or shippers of the affected commodity and that is issued by the director pursuant to this article. See Arizona Laws 3-401
- percentage: means percentage by weight. See Arizona Laws 3-2601
- Person: includes an individual, partnership, corporation, firm, association or agent. See Arizona Laws 3-2601
- Person: means the state, any municipality, political subdivision, institution, public or private corporation, individual partnership or other entity. See Arizona Laws 3-2661
- Person: means any individual, firm, corporation, trust, association or partnership. See Arizona Laws 3-401
- Person: means a human being and, as the context requires, an enterprise, a public or private corporation, an unincorporated association, a partnership, a firm, a society, a government, a governmental authority or an individual or entity capable of holding a legal or beneficial interest in property. See Arizona Laws 13-105
- Physical injury: means the impairment of physical condition. See Arizona Laws 13-105
- Possess: means knowingly to have physical possession or otherwise to exercise dominion or control over property. See Arizona Laws 13-105
- Possession: means a voluntary act if the defendant knowingly exercised dominion or control over property. See Arizona Laws 13-105
- Probation: A sentencing alternative to imprisonment in which the court releases convicted defendants under supervision as long as certain conditions are observed.
- Producer: means a person that has a financial interest in producing or causing citrus, fruit or vegetable commodities to be produced for market in commercial quantities. See Arizona Laws 3-401
- Property: means anything of value, tangible or intangible. See Arizona Laws 13-105
- Prosecute: To charge someone with a crime. A prosecutor tries a criminal case on behalf of the government.
- Recklessly: means , with respect to a result or to a circumstance described by a statute defining an offense, that a person is aware of and consciously disregards a substantial and unjustifiable risk that the result will occur or that the circumstance exists. See Arizona Laws 13-105
- Restitution: The court-ordered payment of money by the defendant to the victim for damages caused by the criminal action.
- sale: includes exchange. See Arizona Laws 3-2601
- Shipper: means a person that engages in shipping, transporting, selling or marketing citrus, fruits or vegetables under the shipper's own registered trademark or label or a person that first markets the fruits or vegetables for the producer. See Arizona Laws 3-401
- Summons: Another word for subpoena used by the criminal justice system.
- Testimony: Evidence presented orally by witnesses during trials or before grand juries.
- Ton: means a net weight of two thousand pounds avoirdupois. See Arizona Laws 3-2601
- Trial: A hearing that takes place when the defendant pleads "not guilty" and witnesses are required to come to court to give evidence.
- Vehicle: means a device in, upon or by which any person or property is, may be or could have been transported or drawn upon a highway, waterway or airway, excepting devices moved by human power or used exclusively upon stationary rails or tracks. See Arizona Laws 13-105
- Volume: means cartons or the equivalent weight of Arizona-grown products marketed in the preceding marketing season. See Arizona Laws 3-401
- Writ: means an order or precept in writing issued in the name of the state or by a court or judicial officer. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Writ: A formal written command, issued from the court, requiring the performance of a specific act.
- Written assent: means a signed statement of an affected person consenting to the terms of a marketing order. See Arizona Laws 3-401