|§ 8-882||Program development|
|§ 8-883||Requirements for contractors|
|§ 8-884||Evaluation of community programs|
Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 8 > Chapter 4 > Article 13
- Abuse: means the infliction or allowing of physical injury, impairment of bodily function or disfigurement or the infliction of or allowing another person to cause serious emotional damage as evidenced by severe anxiety, depression, withdrawal or untoward aggressive behavior and which emotional damage is diagnosed by a medical doctor or psychologist and is caused by the acts or omissions of an individual who has the care, custody and control of a child. See Arizona Laws 8-201
- Action: includes any matter or proceeding in a court, civil or criminal. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Appraisal: A determination of property value.
- Articles of organization: means the articles required by section 29-3201. See Arizona Laws 29-3102
- Commission: means the corporation commission. See Arizona Laws 29-3102
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Custodian: means a person, other than a parent or legal guardian, who stands in loco parentis to the child or a person to whom legal custody of the child has been given by order of the juvenile court. See Arizona Laws 8-201
- Department: means the department of child safety. See Arizona Laws 8-201
- Designating foreign company: means , with respect to any foreign series, the foreign limited liability company that designated or otherwise established the foreign series in accordance with the law of its jurisdiction of formation. See Arizona Laws 29-3102
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Foreign limited liability company: means an unincorporated entity that is formed under the law of a jurisdiction other than this state and that would be a limited liability company if the unincorporated entity were formed under the law of this state and includes a foreign series for the purposes of this article. See Arizona Laws 29-3102
- Foreign series: means a series of a foreign limited liability company that has been established as such in accordance with the law of a jurisdiction other than this state. See Arizona Laws 29-3102
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- including: means not limited to and is not a term of exclusion. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Injunction: An order of the court prohibiting (or compelling) the performance of a specific act to prevent irreparable damage or injury.
- Interrogatories: Written questions asked by one party of an opposing party, who must answer them in writing under oath; a discovery device in a lawsuit.
- Jurisdiction: when used to refer to a political entity, means the United States, a state, a foreign country or a political subdivision of a foreign country. See Arizona Laws 29-3102
- Jurisdiction of formation: means the jurisdiction whose law governs the internal affairs of an entity. See Arizona Laws 29-3102
- Liabilities: The aggregate of all debts and other legal obligations of a particular person or legal entity.
- Litigation: A case, controversy, or lawsuit. Participants (plaintiffs and defendants) in lawsuits are called litigants.
- Majority in interest of the members: means , at any particular time, one or more members that hold in the aggregate a majority of the interests in the limited liability company's profits held at that time by all members, disregarding any profit interests held by persons that are not members. See Arizona Laws 29-3102
- Manager: means a person that under the operating agreement of a manager-managed limited liability company is responsible, alone or in concert with others, for performing the management functions stated in section 29-3407, subsection C. See Arizona Laws 29-3102
- Manager-managed limited liability company: means a limited liability company that qualifies under section 29-3407, subsection A. See Arizona Laws 29-3102
- Member: means a person that both:
(a) Has become a member of a limited liability company under section 29-3401 or was a member in a company when the company became subject to this chapter under section 29-3110. See Arizona Laws 29-3102
- Member-managed limited liability company: means a limited liability company that is not a manager-managed limited liability company. See Arizona Laws 29-3102
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Operating agreement: means the agreement, whether or not referred to as an operating agreement and whether oral, implied, in a record or in any combination thereof, of all the members of a limited liability company, including a sole member, concerning the matters described in section 29-3105, subsection A. See Arizona Laws 29-3102
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: means an individual, business corporation, nonprofit corporation, partnership, limited partnership, limited liability company, general cooperative association, limited cooperative association, unincorporated nonprofit association, statutory trust, business trust, common-law business trust, estate, trust, association, joint venture, public corporation or government or governmental subdivision, agency or instrumentality or any other legal or commercial entity. See Arizona Laws 29-3102
- Person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association or society, as well as a natural person. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Plaintiff: The person who files the complaint in a civil lawsuit.
- Plan: means a plan of merger, interest exchange, conversion, domestication or division, as applicable. See Arizona Laws 29-4001
- Prevention: means the creation of conditions, opportunities and experiences that encourage and develop healthy, self-sufficient children and that occur before the onset of problems. See Arizona Laws 8-201
- Principal address: means the mailing address of a limited liability company or foreign limited liability company, whether or not located in this state. See Arizona Laws 29-3102
- Process: means a citation, writ or summons issued in the course of judicial proceedings. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Property: means all property, whether real, personal or mixed or tangible or intangible, or any right or interest therein. See Arizona Laws 29-3102
- Record: means information that is inscribed on a tangible medium or that is stored in an electronic or other medium and that is retrievable in a perceivable form. See Arizona Laws 29-3102
- Referral: means a report that is submitted to the juvenile court and that alleges that a child is dependent or incorrigible or that a juvenile has committed a delinquent or criminal act. See Arizona Laws 8-201
- Registered foreign series: means a foreign series that is registered to do business in this state pursuant to a statement of registration filed by the commission. See Arizona Laws 29-3102
- Service of process: The service of writs or summonses to the appropriate party.
- Settlement: Parties to a lawsuit resolve their difference without having a trial. Settlements often involve the payment of compensation by one party in satisfaction of the other party's claims.
- State: means a state of the United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the United States Virgin Islands or any territory or insular possession subject to the jurisdiction of the United States. See Arizona Laws 29-3102
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- Statute of limitations: A law that sets the time within which parties must take action to enforce their rights.
- Statutory agent: means the agent of a limited liability company or foreign limited liability company that is authorized to receive service of any process, notice or demand required or permitted by law to be served on the company. See Arizona Laws 29-3102
- Temporary restraining order: Prohibits a person from an action that is likely to cause irreparable harm. This differs from an injunction in that it may be granted immediately, without notice to the opposing party, and without a hearing. It is intended to last only until a hearing can be held.
- Transaction: means a merger, an interest exchange, a conversion, a domestication or a division, as applicable. See Arizona Laws 29-4001
- Transfer: includes :
(a) An assignment. See Arizona Laws 29-3102