|§ 8-881||Coordination of substance abuse treatment; contracting for services; joint substance abuse treatment fund|
|§ 8-882||Program development|
|§ 8-883||Requirements for contractors|
|§ 8-884||Evaluation of community programs|
Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 8 > Chapter 4 > Article 13
- Abuse: means the infliction or allowing of physical injury, impairment of bodily function or disfigurement or the infliction of or allowing another person to cause serious emotional damage as evidenced by severe anxiety, depression, withdrawal or untoward aggressive behavior and which emotional damage is diagnosed by a medical doctor or psychologist and is caused by the acts or omissions of an individual who has the care, custody and control of a child. See Arizona Laws 8-201
- Action: includes any matter or proceeding in a court, civil or criminal. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Appraisal: A determination of property value.
- Appropriate filing authority: means :
(a) With respect to corporations, business trusts and limited liability companies, the commission. See Arizona Laws 29-2102
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Business: includes every trade, occupation and profession. See Arizona Laws 29-1001
- Chief executive office: means the place from which the main part of the partnership's business is managed. See Arizona Laws 29-1001
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Conversion: means a transaction authorized by article 4 of this chapter. See Arizona Laws 29-2102
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Corporation: means a business corporation or a nonprofit corporation. See Arizona Laws 29-2102
- Custodian: means a person, other than a parent or legal guardian, who stands in loco parentis to the child or a person to whom legal custody of the child has been given by order of the juvenile court. See Arizona Laws 8-201
- Decedent: A deceased person.
- Department: means the department of child safety. See Arizona Laws 8-201
- Director: means the director of the department. See Arizona Laws 8-201
- Dividing entity: means the domestic entity that approves a plan of division pursuant to section 29-2603 or the foreign entity that approves a division pursuant to the law of its jurisdiction of organization. See Arizona Laws 29-2102
- Division: means a transaction authorized by article 6 of this chapter. See Arizona Laws 29-2102
- Domestic entity: means an entity whose internal affairs are governed by the laws of this state. See Arizona Laws 29-2102
- Domestication: means a transaction authorized by article 5 of this chapter. See Arizona Laws 29-2102
- Entity: means any of the following:
(a) A corporation. See Arizona Laws 29-2102
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Foreign entity: means an entity other than a domestic entity. See Arizona Laws 29-2102
- Foreign limited liability partnership: means a partnership or limited partnership that is formed or created under laws other than the laws of this state and that is qualified as a limited liability partnership under those laws. See Arizona Laws 29-1001
- General partner: means a partner in a partnership and a general partner in a limited partnership. See Arizona Laws 29-1001
- Governing statute: means , collectively, the statute or statutes governing the internal affairs of an entity. See Arizona Laws 29-2102
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- including: means not limited to and is not a term of exclusion. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Inter vivos: Transfer of property from one living person to another living person.
- Interest: means a governance interest or a transferable interest, including a share or membership in a corporation. See Arizona Laws 29-2102
- Interest exchange: means a transaction authorized by article 3 of this chapter. See Arizona Laws 29-2102
- Interest holder: means a direct holder of an interest. See Arizona Laws 29-2102
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Limited liability partnership: means a partnership or limited partnership that has filed a statement of qualification under section 29-1101. See Arizona Laws 29-1001
- Limited partnership: means a limited partnership created under chapter 3 of this title, predecessor law or comparable law of another jurisdiction. See Arizona Laws 29-1001
- Merger: means a transaction authorized by article 2 of this chapter. See Arizona Laws 29-2102
- Obligation: means a debt, loss or liability or any other obligation arising in any manner, regardless of whether it is secured, contingent or liquidated. See Arizona Laws 29-2102
- Organizational documents: means the public organizational document and private organizational documents of an entity. See Arizona Laws 29-2102
- Partner: means a general partner and, for purposes of article 9 of this chapter, both a general partner and a limited partner. See Arizona Laws 29-1001
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Partnership: means an association or entity formed under section 29-1012, a predecessor law or a comparable law of another jurisdiction. See Arizona Laws 29-1001
- Partnership agreement: means the agreement, whether written, oral or implied, among the partners concerning the partnership, including amendments to the partnership agreement. See Arizona Laws 29-1001
- Person: means an individual, corporation, business trust, estate, trust, partnership, association, joint venture, government, governmental subdivision, agency or instrumentality or any other legal or commercial entity. See Arizona Laws 29-1001
- Person: means an individual, a corporation, an estate, a trust, a partnership, a limited liability company, a business or similar trust, an association, a joint venture, a public corporation, a government, a governmental subdivision, agency or instrumentality or any other legal or commercial entity. See Arizona Laws 29-2102
- Person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association or society, as well as a natural person. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Personal property: includes money, goods, chattels, things in action and evidences of debt. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Plan: means a plan of merger, interest exchange, conversion, domestication or division. See Arizona Laws 29-2102
- Plan: means a plan of merger, interest exchange, conversion, domestication or division, as applicable. See Arizona Laws 29-1081
- Precedent: A court decision in an earlier case with facts and law similar to a dispute currently before a court. Precedent will ordinarily govern the decision of a later similar case, unless a party can show that it was wrongly decided or that it differed in some significant way.
- Prevention: means the creation of conditions, opportunities and experiences that encourage and develop healthy, self-sufficient children and that occur before the onset of problems. See Arizona Laws 8-201
- Process: means a citation, writ or summons issued in the course of judicial proceedings. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Property: means all property, real, personal or mixed, tangible or intangible, or any interest in such property. See Arizona Laws 29-1001
- Property: includes both real and personal property. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.
- Referral: means a report that is submitted to the juvenile court and that alleges that a child is dependent or incorrigible or that a juvenile has committed a delinquent or criminal act. See Arizona Laws 8-201
- Service of process: The service of writs or summonses to the appropriate party.
- State: means a state of the United States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico or any territory or insular possession subject to the jurisdiction of the United States. See Arizona Laws 29-1001
- Statement: means a statement of partnership authority under section 29-1023, a statement of denial under section 29-1024, a statement of dissociation under section 29-1064, a statement of dissolution under section 29-1075, a statement of merger under section 29-2205, a statement of qualification as a limited liability partnership under section 29-1101, a statement of foreign qualification under section 29-1106 or an amendment or cancellation of any of the foregoing. See Arizona Laws 29-1001
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- Transaction: means a merger, an interest exchange, a conversion, a domestication or a division, as applicable. See Arizona Laws 29-1081
- Transfer: includes an assignment, conveyance, lease, mortgage, deed and encumbrance. See Arizona Laws 29-1001