(a) Except as otherwise provided in this section, the disposition of records, funds, property, and obligations when a community college district is formed as specified in Section 74265 shall be governed by Article 3 (commencing with Section 74280) and by any applicable regulations adopted by the Board of Governors of the California Community Colleges.
(b) The existing community college district and a new community college district established pursuant to Section 74265 shall enter into an agreement providing for matters relating to the formation of a new community college district. Those matters to be included in the agreement include, but are not limited to, all of the following:
Terms Used In California Education Code 74265.5
- Liabilities: The aggregate of all debts and other legal obligations of a particular person or legal entity.
(1) Assignment of existing academic employees and classified employees.
(2) Division and disposition of all interests in property, buildings, fixtures, and leases thereon, including, but not necessarily limited to, any agreement entered into pursuant to Chapter 2 (commencing with Section 81300) of Part 49.
(3) Facilities and equipment, including, but not limited to, existing obligations for the acquisition, procurement, or maintenance of electronic systems, materials, goods, and services.
(4) Division and transfer of funds and obligations, other than bonded indebtedness, affected by the formation of the proposed new community college district.
(5) Transfer of all records required to be maintained by a community college district, including student records maintained in accordance with Chapter 1.5 (commencing with Section 76200) of Part 47.
(6) Division and transfer of all existing and potential rights, obligations, and liabilities, whether at law or in equity.
(c) The agreement to be entered into pursuant to this section shall expressly provide that the proposed new community college district shall successfully complete accreditation as required by law on or before a date to be specified in the agreement. Nothing in this subdivision shall require the existing community college district to sustain accreditation for the proposed new community college district after the date specified in the agreement for the proposed new community college district to complete accreditation.
(d) The agreement to be entered into pursuant to this section shall specify that funds derived from the sale of bonds issued by the existing community college district shall be used for the acquisition, construction, or improvement of college property only in the territory comprising the existing community college district after formation of the proposed new community college district or to discharge the bonded indebtedness of the existing community college district, except that, if the bonded indebtedness is assumed by the proposed new community college district, the funds may be used in any area of the new district for the purposes for which the bonds were originally voted.
(e) For purposes of this section, the interim board of governors appointed by the county superintendent of schools shall be deemed authorized at all times to execute the agreement provided for by this section on behalf of the proposed new community college district until the members of the first elected governing board of the new community college district take office in accordance with Section 74265.
(Added by Stats. 1999, Ch. 82, Sec. 3. Effective July 12, 1999.)