(a) The following terms wherever used or referred to in this article, or in any indenture entered into pursuant to this article, shall have the following meanings, respectively, unless a different meaning appears from the context:
(1) “Board” means the Trustees of the California State University.
Terms Used In California Education Code 90011
- trustees: means the Trustees of the California State University, created under Section 66600. See California Education Code 89000
(2) “Bonds” or “revenue bonds” means the written evidence of any obligation, other than revenue bond anticipation notes, issued by the board, payment of which is secured by a pledge of revenues or any part of revenues, as provided in this article, in order to obtain funds with which to carry out the purposes of this article, irrespective of the form of the obligations.
(3) The “holder of bonds” or “bondholder” or any similar term means any person who shall be the bearer of any outstanding revenue bond or bond registered to bearer or not registered or the registered owner of any outstanding revenue bond or bond that shall at the time be registered other than to the bearer.
(4) “Indenture” means an agreement entered into by the board pursuant to which revenue bonds are issued, regardless of whether the agreement is expressed in the form of a resolution of the board or by other instrument.
(5) “Notes” and “revenue bond anticipation notes” mean the written evidence of any obligation, including commercial paper notes, issued by the board, pursuant to Section 90013, in anticipation of the sale of revenue bonds, for the purpose of obtaining funds to carry out the purposes of this article.
(6) “Person” includes any individual, firm, corporation, association, copartnership, trust, business trust, receiver, trustee, or conservator for any thereof, but does not include this state or any public corporation, political subdivision, city, county, district, or any agency thereof or of this state.
(7) “Project” means any one or more dormitories or other housing facilities, boarding facilities, student union or activity facilities, vehicle parking facilities, alternative transportation programs, or any other auxiliary or supplementary facilities for individual or group accommodation, owned or operated or authorized to be acquired, constructed, furnished, equipped, and operated by the board for use by students, faculty members, or other employees of any one or more campuses of the California State University, or a combination of those facilities, which may include facilities already completed and facilities authorized for future completion, or any other facilities designated by the board as a project in providing for the issuance of revenue bonds or notes.
(8) “Revenues” mean and include any and all fees, rates, rentals, and other charges received or receivable in connection with, and any and all other incomes and receipts of whatever kind and character derived by, the board from the operation of, or arising from, a project, including any revenue that may have been, or may be, impounded or deposited in any fund in the State Treasury created by this article or in any other fund or account pursuant to law for the security of any notes or bonds issued hereunder, or for the purpose of providing for the payment thereof, or the interest thereon.
(9) “State university” and “campus of the California State University” means any of the institutions included within the California State University, as listed in Section 89001.
(b) As used in this article:
(1) The present tense includes the past and future tenses, and the future tense includes the present tense.
(2) The masculine gender includes the feminine and neuter.
(3) The singular number includes the plural, and the plural includes the singular.
(4) “Shall” is mandatory, and “may” is permissive.
(Amended by Stats. 2007, Ch. 352, Sec. 1. Effective January 1, 2008.)