For purposes of this title, the following definitions shall apply:
(a) “Insurance affordability program” means a program that is one of the following:
Terms Used In California Government Code 100501.1
- State: means the State of California, unless applied to the different parts of the United States. See California Government Code 18
(1) The state‘s Medi-Cal program under Title XIX of the federal Social Security Act (42 U.S.C. Sec. 1396 et seq.).
(2) The state’s children’s health insurance program (CHIP) under Title XXI of the federal Social Security Act (42 U.S.C. Sec. 1397aa et seq.).
(3) A program that makes available to qualified individuals coverage in a qualified health plan through the Exchange with advance payment of the premium tax credit established under Section 36B of the Internal Revenue Code.
(4) A program that makes available coverage in a qualified health plan through the Exchange with cost-sharing reductions established under Section 1402 of the federal act.
(b) “Combined eligibility notice” means an eligibility notice that informs an individual, or multiple family members of a household, of eligibility for each of the insurance affordability programs and for enrollment in a qualified health plan through the Exchange, for which a determination of eligibility was made.
(Added by Stats. 2014, Ch. 869, Sec. 1. (AB 617) Effective January 1, 2015.)