(a) An annuitant who retires from the state may enroll in a vision care plan offered under this part, if any of the following apply:
(1) The annuitant was enrolled in a health benefit plan, a dental care plan, or vision care plan at the time of separation for retirement, and retired within 120 days of the date of separation.
Terms Used In California Government Code 22959.4
- Person: includes any person, firm, association, organization, partnership, limited liability company, business trust, corporation, or company. See California Education Code 19426
- State: means the State of California, unless applied to the different parts of the United States. See California Education Code 19427
(2) The annuitant was not enrolled in a health benefit plan, a dental care plan, or vision care plan at the time of separation for retirement, but was eligible for enrollment as an employee at the time of separation for retirement, and retired within 120 days of the date of separation.
(3) The annuitant is part of the Legislators’ Retirement System receiving an allowance pursuant to Article 6 (commencing with Section 9359) of Chapter 3.5 of Part 1 of Division 2.
(b) The Department of Human Resources has no duty to locate or notify any annuitant who may be eligible to enroll, or to provide names or addresses to any person, agency, or entity for the purpose of notifying those annuitants.
(Amended by Stats. 2012, Ch. 665, Sec. 161. (SB 1308) Effective January 1, 2013.)