(a) A person who was enrolled in a vision care plan at the time he or she became an annuitant under state or federal provisions, may continue his or her enrollment, including eligible family members, without discrimination as to benefit coverage as an enrolled person within this program. An annuitant who is eligible for this program is a person who meets the requirements of Section 22959.4 and at the time of retirement was employed with the state as one of the following:
(1) A civil service employee of the state.
Terms Used In California Government Code 22959.5
- Person: includes any person, firm, association, organization, partnership, limited liability company, business trust, corporation, or company. See California Education Code 19426
- State: means the State of California, unless applied to the different parts of the United States. See California Education Code 19427
(2) An elected member of the Legislature.
(3) A legislative employee.
(4) A constitutional officer.
(5) An employee of the judicial branch of state government.
(b) Annuitants of the California State University and University of California systems may not participate in this program.
(Added by Stats. 2006, Ch. 611, Sec. 1. Effective January 1, 2007.)