The authority may do any of the following:
(a) Acquire, own, operate, and lease real and personal property directly related to the operation and maintenance of railroads.
Terms Used In California Government Code 93105
- authority: means the Siskiyou Railroad Authority. See California Government Code 93102
- Gift: A voluntary transfer or conveyance of property without consideration, or for less than full and adequate consideration based on fair market value.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Personal property: All property that is not real property.
- State: means the State of California, unless applied to the different parts of the United States. See California Government Code 18
(b) Acquire property by purchase, lease, or gift.
(c) Operate railroads.
(d) Accept grants or loans from state or federal agencies.
(e) Select a franchisee, which may be a public or private entity, to acquire or operate a rail transportation system within the area of the authority’s jurisdiction.
(Added by Stats. 1994, Ch. 132, Sec. 1. Effective January 1, 1995.)