Terms Used In California Codes > Government Code > Title 2 > Division 5 > Part 2 > Chapter 6 > Article 2
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- ballot: means any of the following:
California Education Code 88078
- candidate: includes any officeholder who is subject to a recall election. See California Education Code 88085
- Committee: means the California Drought, Water, Parks, Climate, Coastal Protection, and Outdoor Access For All Finance Committee created by Section 80162. See California Government Code 18903
- Construction: includes the extension, enlargement, repair, renovation, restoration, improvement, furnishing, and equipping of any public building. See California Government Code 19243.2
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Disability: means a medical condition, mental disability, or physical disability, as those terms are defined in subdivisions (i), (j), and (l) of Section 12926 of the Government Code. See California Education Code 88166
- Election: means any election including a primary that is provided for under this code. See California Education Code 88097
- Elections official: means any of the following:
California Education Code 88100
- Elector: means a person who is a United States citizen 18 years of age or older and, except as specified in subdivision (b), is a resident of an election precinct in this state on or before the day of an election. See California Education Code 88101
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Party: means a political party or organization that has qualified for participation in any primary or presidential general election. See California Education Code 88122
- Person: includes any person, firm, association, organization, partnership, limited liability company, business trust, corporation, or company. See California Education Code 19426
- Primary election: includes all primary nominating elections provided for by this code. See California Education Code 88127
- Protection: means those actions necessary to prevent harm or damage to persons, property, or natural, cultural, and historic resources, actions to improve access to public open-space areas, or actions to allow the continued use and enjoyment of property or natural, cultural, and historic resources, and includes site monitoring, acquisition, development, restoration, preservation, and interpretation. See California Government Code 18903
- Roster: means the official list of voters for an election, which may be in paper or electronic form. See California Education Code 88138
- Signature: includes either of the following:
California Education Code 88166
- Sole ownership: The type of property ownership in which one individual holds legal title to the property and has full control of it.
- State: means the State of California, unless applied to the different parts of the United States. See California Education Code 19427
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- Subdivision: means a subdivision of the section in which the term occurs unless some other section is expressly mentioned. See California Education Code 19404
- Voter: means any elector who is registered under this code. See California Education Code 88183