Terms Used In California Codes > Government Code > Title 8 > Chapter 1.1
- Advertising medium: includes banner, sign, placard, poster, streamer, and card. See California Business and Professions Code 13400
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Motor oil: means an oil that reduces friction and wear between the moving parts within an internal combustion engine and also serves as a coolant. See California Business and Professions Code 13400
- Motor vehicle fuel: means "engine fuel" when that term is used in this chapter. See California Business and Professions Code 13400
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.
- Secretary: means the Secretary of Food and Agriculture. See California Food and Agricultural Code 35
- Temporary restraining order: Prohibits a person from an action that is likely to cause irreparable harm. This differs from an injunction in that it may be granted immediately, without notice to the opposing party, and without a hearing. It is intended to last only until a hearing can be held.