Terms Used In California Codes > Government Code > Title 8 > Chapter 1.5 - Compensation of Justices and Judges of Courts of Record
- advance fee: as used in this part , is a fee, regardless of the form, that is claimed, demanded, charged, received, or collected by a licensee for services requiring a license, or for a listing, as that term is defined in Section 10027, before fully completing the service the licensee contracted to perform or represented would be performed. See California Business and Professions Code 10026
- business opportunity: shall include the sale or lease of the business and goodwill of an existing business enterprise or opportunity. See California Business and Professions Code 10030
- Ex officio: Literally, by virtue of one's office.
- Executive session: A portion of the Senate's daily session in which it considers executive business.
- Liabilities: The aggregate of all debts and other legal obligations of a particular person or legal entity.
- listing: as used in this part includes, but is not limited to:
California Business and Professions Code 10027
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
- Salesperson: when used without modification, means a person licensed as a salesperson under any of the provisions of this part. See California Business and Professions Code 10013
- Secretary: means the Secretary of Food and Agriculture. See California Food and Agricultural Code 35