|Article 1||Requirements of Prescriptions|
|Article 2||Prescriber’s Record|
|Article 3||Copies of Prescriptions|
|Article 4||Refilling Prescriptions|
|Article 5||Pharmacists’ Records|
Terms Used In California Codes > Health and Safety Code > Division 10 > Chapter 4 - Prescriptions
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- Affirmed: In the practice of the appellate courts, the decree or order is declared valid and will stand as rendered in the lower court.
- Answer: The formal written statement by a defendant responding to a civil complaint and setting forth the grounds for defense.
- Appeal: A request made after a trial, asking another court (usually the court of appeals) to decide whether the trial was conducted properly. To make such a request is "to appeal" or "to take an appeal." One who appeals is called the appellant.
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Arrest: Taking physical custody of a person by lawful authority.
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Bail: Security given for the release of a criminal defendant or witness from legal custody (usually in the form of money) to secure his/her appearance on the day and time appointed.
- Beneficiary: A person who is entitled to receive the benefits or proceeds of a will, trust, insurance policy, retirement plan, annuity, or other contract. Source: OCC
- building: means any multifloor building, other than structural steel framed building, more than two stories high in the course of construction. See California Labor Code 7100
- Building: includes structures of all kinds during the course of construction, regardless of the purposes for which they are intended and whether such construction be below or above the level of the ground. See California Labor Code 7200
- building: means any multifloor structural steel framed building more than two stories high in the course of construction. See California Labor Code 7250
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Construction elevator: includes any means used to hoist persons or material of any kind on a building under course of construction, when operated by any power other than muscular power. See California Labor Code 7200
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- corporation: means a corporation organized under the laws of this state for the purpose of transacting business pursuant to this article. See California Financial Code 1850
- County: includes city and county. See California Financial Code 14
- County: includes city and county. See California Health and Safety Code 14
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- department: means State Department of Health Services. See California Health and Safety Code 20
- Department: means the Department of Industrial Relations. See California Labor Code 6302
- Director: means the Director of Industrial Relations. See California Labor Code 6302
- Discovery: Lawyers' examination, before trial, of facts and documents in possession of the opponents to help the lawyers prepare for trial.
- Division: means the Division of Occupational Safety and Health. See California Labor Code 6302
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Ex officio: Literally, by virtue of one's office.
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Fiduciary: A trustee, executor, or administrator.
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- Injunction: An order of the court prohibiting (or compelling) the performance of a specific act to prevent irreparable damage or injury.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Liabilities: The aggregate of all debts and other legal obligations of a particular person or legal entity.
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Nolo contendere: No contest-has the same effect as a plea of guilty, as far as the criminal sentence is concerned, but may not be considered as an admission of guilt for any other purpose.
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Office: means the Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment. See California Health and Safety Code 39655
- Person: includes any person, firm, partnership, association, corporation, company, limited liability company, syndicate, estate, trust, business trust, or organization of any kind. See California Financial Code 18
- Person: means any person, firm, association, organization, partnership, business trust, corporation, limited liability company, or company. See California Health and Safety Code 19
- Person: means any person, association, organization, partnership, business trust, limited liability company, or corporation. See California Labor Code 18
- Personal property: All property that is not real property.
- Pesticide: means any economic poison as defined in Section 12753 of the Food and Agricultural Code. See California Health and Safety Code 39655
- Plea: In a criminal case, the defendant's statement pleading "guilty" or "not guilty" in answer to the charges, a declaration made in open court.
- Probation: A sentencing alternative to imprisonment in which the court releases convicted defendants under supervision as long as certain conditions are observed.
- scaffolding: includes scaffolding and staging. See California Labor Code 7150
- Service of process: The service of writs or summonses to the appropriate party.
- Standards board: means the Occupational Safety and Health Standards Board, within the department. See California Labor Code 6302
- State: means the State of California, unless applied to the different parts of the United States. See California Health and Safety Code 23
- Subpoena: A command to a witness to appear and give testimony.
- Testify: Answer questions in court.
- Toxic air contaminant: means an air pollutant which may cause or contribute to an increase in mortality or in serious illness, or which may pose a present or potential hazard to human health. See California Health and Safety Code 39655
- Trial: A hearing that takes place when the defendant pleads "not guilty" and witnesses are required to come to court to give evidence.
- Verdict: The decision of a petit jury or a judge.
- Violation: includes a failure to comply with any requirement of the code. See California Labor Code 22