California Codes > Public Resources Code > Division 10.5 > Chapter 3 – Eligibility Criteria
Current as of: 2023 | Check for updates | Other versions
Terms Used In California Codes > Public Resources Code > Division 10.5 > Chapter 3 - Eligibility Criteria
- City: includes "city and county" and "incorporated town" but does not include "unincorporated town" or "village. See California Government Code 20
- Entitlement: A Federal program or provision of law that requires payments to any person or unit of government that meets the eligibility criteria established by law. Entitlements constitute a binding obligation on the part of the Federal Government, and eligible recipients have legal recourse if the obligation is not fulfilled. Social Security and veterans' compensation and pensions are examples of entitlement programs.
- legislative body: means board of trustees, city council, or other governing body of a city. See California Government Code 34000
- Person: includes any person, firm, association, organization, partnership, limited liability company, business trust, corporation, or company. See California Government Code 17
- Trial: A hearing that takes place when the defendant pleads "not guilty" and witnesses are required to come to court to give evidence.