(a) Any person who uses, forges or counterfeits the individual stamp or label of any mechanic or manufacturer, with intent to defraud another, or vends or offers to vend any goods having any such forged or counterfeited stamp or label thereon, knowing it to be forged or counterfeited, without disclosing the fact to the purchaser, shall be guilty of a class D felony, except that such person shall be fined not more than two hundred fifty thousand dollars.
Terms Used In Connecticut General Statutes 53-347a
- another: may extend and be applied to communities, companies, corporations, public or private, limited liability companies, societies and associations. See Connecticut General Statutes 1-1
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
(b) Any person who, fraudulently and with intent to deceive, affixes any mark recorded under chapter 621a or any imitation thereof calculated to deceive, to any goods, receptacle or package similar in descriptive properties to those to which such mark is appropriated; or who, fraudulently and with intent to deceive, places, in any receptacle or package to which is lawfully affixed a recorded mark, goods other than those which such mark is designed and appropriated to protect; or who, fraudulently and with intent to deceive, deals in or keeps for sale any goods with a mark fraudulently affixed as above described in this section, or any goods contained in any package or receptacle having a lawful mark, which are not such goods as such mark was designed and appropriated to protect, shall be guilty of a class D felony, except that such person shall be fined not more than two hundred fifty thousand dollars.
(c) Any person, firm, partnership, corporation, association, union or other organization (1) who wilfully and knowingly counterfeits or imitates, or offers for sale or otherwise utters or circulates any counterfeit or imitation of a mark recorded under chapter 622a; or (2) who uses or displays a genuine mark recorded under said chapter in a manner not authorized by the registrant and knowing that such use or display is not so authorized; or (3) who in any way uses the name or mark, whether recorded under said chapter or not, of any individual, firm, partnership, corporation, association, union or other organization, in and about the sale of goods or otherwise not being authorized to use the same and knowing that such use is unauthorized, shall be guilty of a class D felony, except that such person, firm, partnership, corporation, association, union or organization shall be fined not more than two hundred fifty thousand dollars. In all cases where such association, union or other organization is not incorporated, complaint may be made by any officer or member of such association, union or organization on behalf of such union, association or organization.