Terms Used In Kentucky Statutes > Chapter 516
- Codicil: An addition, change, or supplement to a will executed with the same formalities required for the will itself.
- Coin machine: means a coin box, turnstile, vending machine, or other mechanical or electronic device or receptacle designed:
(a) To receive a coin or bill or token made for the purpose. See Kentucky Statutes 516.010
- Complete written instrument: means a written instrument which purports to be a genuine written instrument fully drawn with respect to every essential feature thereof. See Kentucky Statutes 516.010
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Deed: The legal instrument used to transfer title in real property from one person to another.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Forgery: The fraudulent signing or alteration of another's name to an instrument such as a deed, mortgage, or check. The intent of the forgery is to deceive or defraud. Source: OCC
- Incomplete written instrument: means a written instrument which contains some matter by way of content or authentication but which requires additional matter in order to render it a complete written instrument. See Kentucky Statutes 516.010
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Owner: when applied to any animal, means any person having a property interest in such animal. See Kentucky Statutes 446.010
- Slug: means an object or article which by virtue of its size, shape, or any other quality is capable of being inserted, deposited, or otherwise used in a coin machine as an improper substitute for a genuine coin, bill, or token. See Kentucky Statutes 516.010
- State: when applied to a part of the United States, includes territories, outlying possessions, and the District of Columbia. See Kentucky Statutes 446.010
- Written instrument: means any instrument or article containing written or printed matter or its equivalent used for the purpose of reciting, embodying, conveying, or recording information, or constituting a symbol or evidence of value, right, privilege, or identification, which is capable of being used to the advantage or disadvantage of some person. See Kentucky Statutes 516.010