Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 13 > Chapter 22
- Adulterated: means varying from the standard of composition or quality prescribed by statute or administrative regulation or, if none, as set by established commercial usage. See Arizona Laws 4-221
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Beer: means any beverage obtained by the alcoholic fermentation, infusion or decoction of barley malt, hops, or other ingredients not drinkable, or any combination of them. See Arizona Laws 4-101
- Benefit: means anything of value or advantage, present or prospective. See Arizona Laws 3-1703
- Club: includes any of the following organizations where the sale of spirituous liquor for consumption on the premises is made only to members, spouses of members, families of members, bona fide guests of members and guests at other events authorized in this title:
(a) A post, chapter, camp or other local unit composed solely of veterans and its duly recognized auxiliary that has been chartered by the Congress of the United States for patriotic, fraternal or benevolent purposes and that has, as the owner, lessee or occupant, operated an establishment for that purpose in this state. See Arizona Laws 4-101
- Control: means the power to direct or cause the direction of the management and policies of an applicant or licensee, whether through the ownership of voting securities or a partnership interest, by agreement or otherwise. See Arizona Laws 4-101
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Department: means the department of liquor licenses and control. See Arizona Laws 4-101
- Director: means the director of the department of liquor licenses and control. See Arizona Laws 4-101
- Employee: means any person who performs any service on licensed premises on a full-time, part-time or contract basis with consent of the licensee, whether or not the person is denominated an employee, independent contractor or otherwise. See Arizona Laws 4-101
- Executor: A male person named in a will to carry out the decedent
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation: A government corporation that insures the deposits of all national and state banks that are members of the Federal Reserve System. Source: OCC
- Felony: means an offense for which a sentence to a term of imprisonment in the custody of the state department of corrections is authorized by any law of this state. See Arizona Laws 3-1703
- Financial institution: means a bank, insurance company, credit union, savings and loan association, investment trust or other organization held out to the public as a place of deposit for funds or medium of savings or collective investment. See Arizona Laws 4-221
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- including: means not limited to and is not a term of exclusion. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Insolvent: means that, for any reason, a financial institution is unable to pay its obligations in the ordinary or usual course of business or the present fair salable value of its assets is less than the amount that will be required to pay its probable liabilities on its existing debts as they become absolute and matured. See Arizona Laws 4-221
- Knowingly: means , with respect to conduct or to a circumstance described by a statute defining an offense, that a person is aware or believes that the person's conduct is of that nature or that the circumstance exists. See Arizona Laws 3-1703
- Liabilities: The aggregate of all debts and other legal obligations of a particular person or legal entity.
- License: means a license or an interim retail permit issued pursuant to this title. See Arizona Laws 4-101
- licensed premises: means the area from which the licensee is authorized to sell, dispense or serve spirituous liquors under the provision of the license. See Arizona Laws 4-101
- Licensee: means a person who has been issued a license or an interim retail permit pursuant to this title or a special event licensee. See Arizona Laws 4-101
- Misdemeanor: means an offense for which a sentence to a term of imprisonment other than to the custody of the state department of corrections is authorized by any law of this state. See Arizona Laws 3-1703
- Mislabeled: means :
(a) Varying from the standard of truth or disclosure in labeling prescribed by statute or administrative regulation or, if none, as set by established commercial usage; or
(b) Represented as being another person's product, though otherwise labeled accurately as to quality and quantity. See Arizona Laws 4-221
- Misleading statement: means an offer to sell property or services when the offerer does not intend to sell or provide the advertised property or services:
(a) At a price equal to or lower than the price offered; or
(b) In a quantity sufficient to meet the reasonably expected public demand, unless the quantity available is specifically stated in the advertisement; or
(c) At all. See Arizona Laws 4-221
- National Credit Union Administration: The federal regulatory agency that charters and supervises federal credit unions. (NCUA also administers the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund, which insures the deposits of federal credit unions.) Source: OCC
- Person: means a human being and, as the context requires, an enterprise, a public or private corporation, an unincorporated association, a partnership, a firm, a society, a government, a governmental authority or an individual or entity capable of holding a legal or beneficial interest in property. See Arizona Laws 3-1703
- Personal property: includes money, goods, chattels, things in action and evidences of debt. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Property: means anything of value, tangible or intangible. See Arizona Laws 3-1703
- Recklessly: means , with respect to a result or to a circumstance described by a statute defining an offense, that a person is aware of and consciously disregards a substantial and unjustifiable risk that the result will occur or that the circumstance exists. See Arizona Laws 3-1703
- Registered retail agent: means any person who is authorized pursuant to section 4-222 to purchase spirituous liquors for and on behalf of himself and other retail licensees. See Arizona Laws 4-101
- Security interest: means an interest in personal property or fixtures pursuant to title 47, chapter 9. See Arizona Laws 4-221
- Sell: includes soliciting or receiving an order for, keeping or exposing for sale, directly or indirectly delivering for value, peddling, keeping with intent to sell and trafficking in. See Arizona Laws 4-101
- Spirituous liquor: includes alcohol, brandy, whiskey, rum, tequila, mescal, gin, wine, porter, ale, beer, any malt liquor or malt beverage, absinthe, a compound or mixture of any of them or of any of them with any vegetable or other substance, alcohol bitters, bitters containing alcohol, any liquid mixture or preparation, whether patented or otherwise, which produces intoxication, fruits preserved in ardent spirits, and beverages containing more than one-half of one percent of alcohol by volume. See Arizona Laws 4-101
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.
- Usury: Charging an illegally high interest rate on a loan. Source: OCC
- Wine: means the product obtained by the fermentation of grapes, other agricultural products containing natural or added sugar or cider or any such alcoholic beverage fortified with grape brandy and containing not more than twenty-four percent of alcohol by volume. See Arizona Laws 4-101