|§ 21-100||License required. Record-keeping system. Permitted activities. Sworn statement of transactions. Property retention requirements. Seizure of property by law enforcement officials. Penalty|
Terms Used In Connecticut General Statutes > Chapter 414
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Freedom of Information Act: A federal law that mandates that all the records created and kept by federal agencies in the executive branch of government must be open for public inspection and copying. The only exceptions are those records that fall into one of nine exempted categories listed in the statute. Source: OCC
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Personal property: All property that is not real property.
- Restitution: The court-ordered payment of money by the defendant to the victim for damages caused by the criminal action.