Terms Used In Alabama Code > Title 8 > Chapter 34
- dealer: Any person, corporation, or partnership that engages in the business of purchasing precious items for the purpose of reselling such items in any form. See Alabama Code 41-9-80
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY: The chief of police for businesses located within the jurisdiction of a municipality and the county sheriff for businesses located outside the jurisdiction of a municipality. See Alabama Code 41-9-80
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- PERMANENT PLACE OF BUSINESS: A fixed premises either owned by the dealer or leased by the dealer for at least one year. See Alabama Code 41-9-80
- Power of attorney: A written instrument which authorizes one person to act as another's agent or attorney. The power of attorney may be for a definite, specific act, or it may be general in nature. The terms of the written power of attorney may specify when it will expire. If not, the power of attorney usually expires when the person granting it dies. Source: OCC
- PRECIOUS ITEM: Any of the following:
a. See Alabama Code 41-9-80
- purchase: The acquisition of a precious item or items for a consideration of cash, goods, or another precious item. See Alabama Code 41-9-80