|§ 46a-170||Trafficking in Persons Council. Membership. Duties. Reports|
Terms Used In Connecticut General Statutes > Chapter 814f
- Dismissal: The dropping of a case by the judge without further consideration or hearing. Source:
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- Majority leader: see Floor Leaders
- Minority leader: See Floor Leaders
- President pro tempore: A constitutionally recognized officer of the Senate who presides over the chamber in the absence of the Vice President. The President Pro Tempore (or, "president for a time") is elected by the Senate and is, by custom, the Senator of the majority party with the longest record of continuous service.
- Prosecute: To charge someone with a crime. A prosecutor tries a criminal case on behalf of the government.
- Public defender: Represent defendants who can't afford an attorney in criminal matters.
- Victim advocate: work with prosecutors and assist the victims of a crime.