|Subpart B||Victims of Severe Forms of Trafficking in Persons|
Terms Used In 28 CFR Part 1100 - Trafficking in Persons
- Attachment: A procedure by which a person's property is seized to pay judgments levied by the court.
- Dismissal: The dropping of a case by the judge without further consideration or hearing. Source:
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- Public law: A public bill or joint resolution that has passed both chambers and been enacted into law. Public laws have general applicability nationwide.
- Remand: When an appellate court sends a case back to a lower court for further proceedings.
- Restitution: The court-ordered payment of money by the defendant to the victim for damages caused by the criminal action.