Illinois Compiled Statutes > 775 ILCS 50 – Human Trafficking Resource Center Notice Act
Current as of: 2022 | Check for updates | Other versions
|§ 775 ILCS 50/1||Short title|
|§ 775 ILCS 50/5||Posted notice required|
|§ 775 ILCS 50/10||Form of posted notice|
|§ 775 ILCS 50/15||Model notice|
|§ 775 ILCS 50/20||Penalties|
Terms Used In Illinois Compiled Statutes > 775 ILCS 50 - Human Trafficking Resource Center Notice Act
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Petty offense: A federal misdemeanor punishable by six months or less in prison. Source: U.S. Courts
- Prosecute: To charge someone with a crime. A prosecutor tries a criminal case on behalf of the government.
- Public defender: Represent defendants who can't afford an attorney in criminal matters.
- Testify: Answer questions in court.
- Testimony: Evidence presented orally by witnesses during trials or before grand juries.
- Trial: A hearing that takes place when the defendant pleads "not guilty" and witnesses are required to come to court to give evidence.