Terms Used In Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code Chapter 140 - Contractual Subrogation Rights of Payors of Certain Benefits
- Appraisal: A determination of property value.
- Bequest: Property gifted by will.
- Common law: The legal system that originated in England and is now in use in the United States. It is based on judicial decisions rather than legislative action.
- Effects: includes all personal property and all interest in that property. See Texas Government Code 312.011
- Oath: includes affirmation. See Texas Government Code 311.005
- Oath: A promise to tell the truth.
- Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant.