Terms Used In Delaware Code > Title 14 > Chapter 24
- Child: means a person who has not reached the age of 18 years. See Delaware Code Title 6 Sec. 4307
- Clerk of court: An officer appointed by the court to work with the chief judge in overseeing the court's administration, especially to assist in managing the flow of cases through the court and to maintain court records.
- Common law: The legal system that originated in England and is now in use in the United States. It is based on judicial decisions rather than legislative action.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Intestate: Dying without leaving a will.
- Month: means a calendar month, unless otherwise expressed. See Delaware Code Title 6 Sec. 4307