As used in this chapter:
(1) ”Collection and disposal systems” mean systems for the storage, collection, transportation, transfer, processing, reclamation, reduction and disposal of solid wastes.
(2) ”Federal aid or grant” means any and all federal grants-in-aid, regardless of source, which supplement the aid provided by the State in this chapter, and which are applied to the planning of solid waste collection and disposal systems by qualified agencies.
(3) ”Qualified agency” means the Levy Court or county council of the counties.
(4) ”Planning of solid waste collection and disposal systems” means engineering or planning services to survey, plan, develop and supervise the establishment or construction of comprehensive solid waste collection and disposal systems.
(5) ”Solid waste” means that material that is made up of residential, domestic, institutional, commercial, agricultural, industrial and street or highway refuse. It includes garbage, rubbish, ashes, street refuse, dead animals, abandoned automobiles, demolition rubble and sewage sludge.
16 Del. C. 1953, § 1801; 57 Del. Laws, c. 623, § 1.;
Terms Used In Delaware Code Title 16 Sec. 1801
- State: means the State of Delaware; and when applied to different parts of the United States, it includes the District of Columbia and the several territories and possessions of the United States. See Delaware Code Title 6 Sec. 4307