(a) In the case of a claimant whose base period earnings represent 75 percent or more earnings received for seasonal employment, benefits shall be payable in any benefit year in any given calendar month only if the claimant had been employed in the corresponding month of the claim base period.
Terms Used In Delaware Code Title 19 Sec. 3316
- Base period: means the first 4 of the last 5 completed calendar quarters immediately preceding the first day of an individual's benefit year. See Delaware Code Title 19 Sec. 3302
- Benefits: means the money payments payable to an individual, as provided in this chapter, with respect to the individual's unemployment. See Delaware Code Title 19 Sec. 3302
- Employment: means :
(A) Any service performed prior to January 1, 1978, which was employment as defined in this paragraph prior to such date and, subject to the other provisions of this paragraph, service performed after December 31, 1977, including service in interstate commerce, by
(i) Any officer of a corporation after December 31, 1995. See Delaware Code Title 19 Sec. 3302
- Month: means a calendar month, unless otherwise expressed. See Delaware Code Title 6 Sec. 4307
- Week: means calendar week, ending at midnight Saturday, but all work performed and wages earned during a working shift which starts before midnight Saturday shall be included in the week in which such shift begins. See Delaware Code Title 19 Sec. 3302
- Work: means service, including service in interstate commerce, performed for wages or under any contract of hire, written or oral, express or implied. See Delaware Code Title 19 Sec. 3302
- Year: means a calendar year, and is equivalent to the words "year of our Lord. See Delaware Code Title 6 Sec. 4307
(b) As used in this section, “seasonal employment” means employment in a seasonal industry by an individual who has been engaged in such industry during the claim base period and who, during the portion or portions of the year when such industry was not in operation, was not engaged in any other work. No occupation or industry shall be deemed to provide seasonal employment that is not part of the first processing of agricultural products and/or seafood products.
(c) For the purposes of this section, a week shall be considered to fall within a month if 4 or more days of the week fall within such month. The limitations of this section shall not apply to the payment of benefits for partial employment.