|§ 3381||False statements of employees; jurisdiction; penalty|
|§ 3382||Violations by employing units; penalties|
|§ 3383||Violations of orders, rules or regulations; penalties|
|§ 3384||Receipt of benefits by misrepresentation|
Terms Used In Delaware Code > Title 19 > Chapter 33 > Subchapter V
- Assessments: means the money payments to the State Unemployment Compensation Fund required by this chapter. See Delaware Code Title 19 Sec. 3302
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Attorney-in-fact: A person who, acting as an agent, is given written authorization by another person to transact business for him (her) out of court.
- Benefits: means the money payments payable to an individual, as provided in this chapter, with respect to the individual's unemployment. See Delaware Code Title 19 Sec. 3302
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Department: means the Department of Labor. See Delaware Code Title 19 Sec. 3302
- Employing unit: means any individual or type of organization, including any partnership, association, trust, estate, joint stock company, insurance company or corporation, whether domestic or foreign, or the receiver, trustee in bankruptcy, trustee or successor thereof or the legal representative of a deceased person, which has or subsequent to January 1, 1936, had in its employ 1 or more individuals performing services for it within this State. See Delaware Code Title 19 Sec. 3302
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Fund: means the Unemployment Compensation Fund established by this title to which all assessments required and from which all benefits provided under this chapter shall be paid. See Delaware Code Title 19 Sec. 3302
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Month: means a calendar month, unless otherwise expressed. See Delaware Code Title 6 Sec. 4307
- Oversight: Committee review of the activities of a Federal agency or program.
- State: means the State of Delaware; and when applied to different parts of the United States, it includes the District of Columbia and the several territories and possessions of the United States. See Delaware Code Title 6 Sec. 4307
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- United States: includes its territories and possessions and the District of Columbia. See Delaware Code Title 6 Sec. 4307
- Venue: The geographical location in which a case is tried.
- Year: means a calendar year, and is equivalent to the words "year of our Lord. See Delaware Code Title 6 Sec. 4307