|§ 6101||Metering and charges for utility services||25|
|§ 6103||Preference of rent in cases of execution||25|
|§ 6104||Confession of judgment||25|
|§ 6105||Taxes paid by tenant; setoff against rent; recovery from owner||25|
Terms Used In Delaware Code > Title 25 > Chapter 61
- Appeal: A request made after a trial, asking another court (usually the court of appeals) to decide whether the trial was conducted properly. To make such a request is "to appeal" or "to take an appeal." One who appeals is called the appellant.
- Attachment: A procedure by which a person's property is seized to pay judgments levied by the court.
- Audiologist: shall mean a person who is licensed to practice audiology pursuant to this act and who offers such services to the public under any title or description of services incorporating the words "audiologist" "hearing clinician" "hearing therapist" "aural rehabilitator" or any other similar title or description of service. See Delaware Code Title 24 Sec. 3702
- Board: shall mean the State Board of Speech/Language Pathologists, Audiologists and Hearing Aid Dispensers established in this chapter. See Delaware Code Title 24 Sec. 3702
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Continuance: Putting off of a hearing ot trial until a later time.
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Division: shall mean the state Division of Professional Regulation. See Delaware Code Title 24 Sec. 3702
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- Hearing aid: shall mean any personal, wearable instrument or device designed for, offered for the purpose of, or represented as, aiding persons with, or compensating for, impaired hearing. See Delaware Code Title 24 Sec. 3702
- Hearing aid dispenser: shall mean a person licensed to dispense hearing aids pursuant to this Act and who is engaged in the evaluation or measurement of the power or range of human hearing by means of an audiometer or any other means devised for the purpose of selecting, adapting and distributing or selling of hearing aids. See Delaware Code Title 24 Sec. 3702
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: shall mean a corporation, company, association or partnership, as well as an individual. See Delaware Code Title 24 Sec. 3702
- State: shall mean the State of Delaware. See Delaware Code Title 24 Sec. 3702
- Substantially related: means the nature of the criminal conduct, for which the person was convicted, has a direct bearing on the fitness or ability to perform 1 or more of the duties or responsibilities necessarily related to the practice of speech/language pathology, audiology and/or the dispensing of hearing aids. See Delaware Code Title 24 Sec. 3702