|Subchapter I||General Provisions||8901 – 8915|
|Subchapter II||Mandatory Screening for Use of Illegal Drugs||8920 – 8926|
Terms Used In Delaware Code > Title 29 > Chapter 89
- Advice and consent: Under the Constitution, presidential nominations for executive and judicial posts take effect only when confirmed by the Senate, and international treaties become effective only when the Senate approves them by a two-thirds vote.
- Applicant: means any person who is seeking employment with the Department for a security sensitive position. See Delaware Code Title 29 Sec. 8921
- Arrest: Taking physical custody of a person by lawful authority.
- Beneficiary: A person who is entitled to receive the benefits or proceeds of a will, trust, insurance policy, retirement plan, annuity, or other contract. Source: OCC
- Bequest: Property gifted by will.
- Department technical representative: means an employee of the Department designated by the Commissioner to ensure compliance with the requirements of this subchapter and whose duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Devise: To gift property by will.
- Dismissal: The dropping of a case by the judge without further consideration or hearing. Source:
- Employee: means a person with whom the State has an employer-employee relationship. See Delaware Code Title 29 Sec. 8921
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Gift: A voluntary transfer or conveyance of property without consideration, or for less than full and adequate consideration based on fair market value.
- Guarantor: A party who agrees to be responsible for the payment of another party's debts should that party default. Source: OCC
- Incident triggered testing: means any incident involving death or serious physical injury to a Department employee, loss or significant damage to Department property, escape of an inmate or detentioner where the security sensitive employee was directly involved in the incident. See Delaware Code Title 29 Sec. 8921
- Month: means a calendar month, unless otherwise expressed. See Delaware Code Title 6 Sec. 4307
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Random testing: means tests based upon an appropriate random sampling technique, with significant samples of Department employees in security sensitive positions being tested on a periodic basis with all such employees having a reasonably equal chance of being tested. See Delaware Code Title 29 Sec. 8921
- Reasonable suspicion: means when the Department, acting through its supervisory personnel, has reasonable suspicion that the appearance or conduct of Department employees in a security sensitive position is indicative of their having being impaired by an illegal drug. See Delaware Code Title 29 Sec. 8921
- Recourse: An arrangement in which a bank retains, in form or in substance, any credit risk directly or indirectly associated with an asset it has sold (in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles) that exceeds a pro rata share of the bank's claim on the asset. If a bank has no claim on an asset it has sold, then the retention of any credit risk is recourse. Source: FDIC
- Security sensitive position: means any of the following positions in the Department:
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.