Effective date: 5/4/2015
(1) Each nurse registry may provide staffing services as defined in section 400.462(29), F.S.
(2) Each independent contractor shall carry their professional license or certification with them at all times during their working hours at a health care facility, and shall produce such a record for review by the health care facility, upon request.
Terms Used In Florida Regulations 59A-18.017
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Entity: means a partnership, corporation, or other business organization. See Florida Regulations 59A-18.002
- Independent Contractor: means a person who contracts through a referral from a nurse registry. See Florida Regulations 59A-18.002
- Probation: A sentencing alternative to imprisonment in which the court releases convicted defendants under supervision as long as certain conditions are observed.
(3) Each nurse registry shall establish a system for the recording complaints involving individuals they referred to health care facilities or other business entity, and such records shall be kept in the individual’s registration file. The nurse registry is not obligated to review records per section 400.506(20), F.S., but the nurse registry is not prohibited from reviewing records and may do so.
(4) Each nurse registry shall provide to the independent contractor, the name of the appropriate person at the health care facility who will be responsible for orientation to the facility.
(5) Each nurse registry shall, upon receiving licensure and certification information, inform the health care facility or other business entity, if a licensed or certified individual being referred to the facility is on probation with their professional licensing board or certifying agency or has any other restrictions placed on their license or certification. The registry shall also advise the licensed or certified individual that this information has been given to the health care facility or other business entity and keep a copy of this information in the independent contractor’s file.
(6) Each nurse registry shall maintain on file the name and address of facilities to whom the independent contractor is referred for contract, the amount of the fee charged, the title of the position, and the amount of the fee received by the registry.
(7) Each nurse registry shall maintain files in an organized manner and such files will be made available for inspection by the agency during the hours the registry is in operation. The nurse registry is not obligated to review patient or client records per section 400.506(20), F.S., but the nurse registry is not prohibited from reviewing records and may do so.
(8) The nurse registry is not obligated to monitor, manage or supervise a referred independent contractor pursuant to Florida Statutes § 400.506(19) In the event of violation of state law which comes to the attention of the nurse registry, the nurse registry shall take the actions specified in section 400.506(19), F.S.
Rulemaking Authority 400.497, 400.506 FS. Implements Florida Statutes § 400.497, 400.506. History—New 2-9-93, Amended 1-27-94, 12-24-00, 8-10-06, 5-4-15.