Effective date: 2/25/2015
The Commissioner of Agriculture shall name a Citrus Budwood Technical Advisory Committee of sixteen members selected as follows:
(1) Four members who shall be owners or employees of citrus nurseries with one representing a producer of dooryard citrus nursery stock;
(2) Four members who shall be commercial citrus fruit producers or employees of producers;
(3) Four members from the Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences of the University of Florida or the USDA Agricultural Research Service and who shall be non-voting advisors to the committee;
(4) Four members who shall be employees of the department and who shall be non-voting advisors to the committee;
(5) Two alternate members, one who shall be from subsection (1), and one who shall be from subsection (2), and who shall be non-voting members to the committee, and have voting rights only on the absence of members from subsection (1) or (2);
(6) The above appointed committee shall elect a chair and meet when called by the committee chair. This committee shall make recommendations to the department on matters pertaining to this rule chapter such as germplasm introduction, nursery stock certification, testing procedures, and other Citrus Budwood Protection Program procedures. In appointing the committee, the Commissioner will select members from various geographical areas who represent a broad cross-section of the industry and impacted businesses.
Rulemaking Authority 570.07(23), 581.031(1), (3), (8) FS. Law Implemented 570.07(2), (23), 570.0705, 581.031(1), (14), (17), (23) FS. History—New 12-26-06, Amended 2-25-15.