Effective date: 2/25/2015
(1) Source tree registration certificate. The department shall keep a record of all source trees. This record shall indicate the variety, clone, and age of the source trees; the owner; location of greenhouse, and location of individual trees in the greenhouse, by row and tree number or by identification number. Only those trees having a “Reg” (Registered) or “Cert” (Certified) in the Reg (Registered) column shall qualify for budwood cutting. This certificate shall be sent to the owner or agent of the source trees and copies shall be filed in the office of the Bureau of Citrus Budwood Registration at 3027 Lake Alfred Road, Winter Haven, Florida 33881. When registering increase trees, the Source Tree Bud Cutting Report, FDACS-08172, Revised 03/14, as incorporated in Rule 5B-62.005, F.A.C., shall be used instead of a Certificate of Source Tree Registration, FDACS 08072, Revised 03/14, as incorporated in Rule 5B-62.005, F.A.C.
Terms Used In Florida Regulations 5B-62.017
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
(3) Renewal. Source tree registration may be renewed, subject to continued eligibility, at the end of each 12 month period with the payment of a renewal fee as described in Rule 5B-62.025, F.A.C.
(4) Billing. Annual source tree registration fees shall be billed annually on the Citrus Budwood Bureau Invoice, FDACS-08319, Revised 12/12, as incorporated in Rule 5B-62.005, F.A.C.
(5) Cancellation. Certificate of Source Tree Registration, FDACS-08072, Revised 03/14, will be suspended upon:
(a) The detection of citrus pest or pathogens in the source tree or a progeny of the source tree;
(b) Alteration or misuse of the registration number;
(c) Mishandling of budwood taken from source trees, or the records thereof, which may confuse the facts regarding identity of source trees or nursery stock propagated from source trees;
(d) Evidence of an unacceptable degree of bud mutation on the source or progeny trees;
(e) Evidence that source trees are being allowed to decline or become unthrifty due to neglect, disease, pest infestation, or severe weather conditions;
(f) Failure to follow proper budwood harvesting sanitation procedures;
(g) Failure to pay fees.
(6) Registration fees will not be refunded if the Certificate of Source Tree Registration, FDACS-08072, Revised 03/14, is canceled.
(7) Reinstatement. The Certificate of Source Tree Registration suspended as provided above will be reinstated when:
(a) Delinquent fees are paid;
(b) Careful examination or laboratory tests fail to disclose any evidence of the citrus pest or pathogens that cause the suspension;
(c) The source trees found to be pathogen-infected are removed from the planting;
(d) Unhealthy plantings or substandard trees are restored to a healthy condition.
Rulemaking Authority 570.07(23), 581.031(1), (3), (8), 581.1843(3), (4) FS. Law Implemented 570.07(2), (13), 581.031(1), (14), (17), (23), 581.1843(3), (4) FS. History—New 12-26-06, Amended 2-25-15.