Effective date: 2/25/2015
(1) The plant material for initiation of micropropagated cultures must originate from fully tested foundation material.
(a) Cultures must be re-initiated from foundation material after a maximum of 36 months.
(b) Long term source material can be established in Florida as scion source trees if they meet the conditions of Rules 5B-62.012 and 5B-62.015, F.A.C.
(2) The plant portion micropropagated must come from non-zygotic embryos or shoots from adult plants.
(3) Material grown on contaminated media will be rejected.
(4) Antibiotics that can mask the presence of microorganisms must not be added to any media.
(5) In Florida, once plants leave culture vessels they must be maintained in approved enclosed structures.
(6) All movement reports and shipping labels must include the word, “micropropagated”.
Rulemaking Authority 570.07(23), 581.031(1), 581.1843(3), (4) FS. Law Implemented 570.07(2), (13), 581.031(1), (14), (17), (23), 581.1843(3), (4) FS. History—New 2-25-15.