Effective date: 1/11/2017
(1) For the purpose of this chapter, the definitions in Florida Statutes § 616.001, and the following shall apply. The terms “central amusement attraction” and “central amusement company” shall be used interchangeably. As used in Florida Statutes § 616.101, “officer of the county” shall be those provided for in article VIII, section 1(d) of the Florida Constitution.
Terms Used In Florida Regulations 5H-23.002
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
(3) The department shall issue a Fair Permit, FDACS-06118, (Rev. 05/13), for any fair association satisfying these application requirements and shall issue a Tax Exemption Certificate, FDACS-06117, (Rev. 05/13), to any central amusement company contracting with such fair associations.
(4) Florida Statutes § 616.15(3), allows the department to consider whether any proposed annual public fair will compete with another annual public fair within 50 miles of the proposed fair and to deny a permit application in such case; therefore, any fair association considering a date change for its annual public fair is encouraged to contact the department as soon as possible at (850) 617-7380 to determine if the proposed date will create a conflict. In addition, by June 15 each year, each fair association shall submit to the department a Fair Data Sheet, FDACS-06111, (Rev. 05/13).
(5) The following documents are hereby adopted and incorporated by reference. Copies of these forms may be obtained from the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, Division of Marketing and Development, Suite 209, Mayo Building (M-37), Tallahassee, FL 32399-0800 or online as indicated.
(a) Application for Fair Permit, FDACS-06100, (Rev. 06/16), http://www.flrules.org/gateway/reference.asp?No=Ref-07782.
(b) Affidavit, FDACS-06101, (Rev. 05/13), https://www.flrules.org/gateway/reference.asp?No=Ref-03515.
(c) Fair Data Sheet, FDACS-06111, (Rev. 05/13), https://www.flrules.org/gateway/reference.asp?No=Ref-03518.
(d) Tax Exemption Certificate, FDACS-06117, (Rev. 05/13), https://www.flrules.org/gateway/reference.asp?No=Ref-03517.
(e) Fair Permit, FDACS-06118, (Rev. 05/13), https://www.flrules.org/gateway/reference.asp?No=Ref-03516.
Rulemaking Authority 570.07(23), 616.12, 616.165 FS. Implements Florida Statutes § 616.11, 616.12, 616.15, 616.242. History—New 8-17-93, Amended 2-13-14, 1-11-17.