(1) Each of the following acts constitutes a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084:
(a) Practicing advanced or specialized, professional, or practical nursing, as defined in this part, unless holding an active license or certificate to do so.
Terms Used In Florida Statutes 464.016
- Advanced practice registered nurse: means any person licensed in this state to practice professional nursing and who is licensed in an advanced nursing practice, including certified nurse midwives, certified nurse practitioners, certified registered nurse anesthetists, clinical nurse specialists, and psychiatric nurses. See Florida Statutes 464.003
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Licensed practical nurse: means any person licensed in this state or holding an active multistate license under…. See Florida Statutes 464.003
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- person: includes individuals, children, firms, associations, joint adventures, partnerships, estates, trusts, business trusts, syndicates, fiduciaries, corporations, and all other groups or combinations. See Florida Statutes 88.6011
- Registered nurse: means any person licensed in this state or holding an active multistate license under…. See Florida Statutes 464.003
(b) Using or attempting to use a license or certificate which has been suspended or revoked.
(c) Knowingly employing unlicensed persons in the practice of nursing.
(d) Obtaining or attempting to obtain a license or certificate under this part by misleading statements or knowing misrepresentation.
(2) Each of the following acts constitutes a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083:
(a) Using the name or title “Nurse,” “Registered Nurse,” “Licensed Practical Nurse,” “Clinical Nurse Specialist,” “Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist,” “Certified Nurse Practitioner,” “Certified Nurse Midwife,” “Advanced Practice Registered Nurse,” or any other name or title which implies that a person was licensed or certified as same, unless such person is duly licensed or certified.
(b) Knowingly concealing information relating to violations of this part.