(1) All citrus fruit, except as provided in s. 601.50, sold or shipped, or offered for sale or shipment, for consumption in fresh form shall be graded in a registered packinghouse in this state according to standards established by the department, and the grade of such fruit shall be indicated as provided in this section.
(2) Fresh citrus fruit being transported in bulk form shall have stamped upon such fruit, subject to department rules:
(a) The actual grade thereof; or
Terms Used In Florida Statutes 601.45
- Citrus fruit: means all varieties and regulated hybrids of citrus fruit and also means processed citrus products containing 20 percent or more citrus fruit or citrus fruit juice. See Florida Statutes 601.03
- Department: means the Department of Citrus. See Florida Statutes 601.03
- Packinghouse: means any building, structure, or place where citrus fruit is packed or otherwise prepared for market or shipment in fresh form. See Florida Statutes 601.03
(b) Brands or trademarks properly registered with the department to represent state or U.S. grades, as provided in subsection (4).
(3) For fresh citrus fruit being transported when packed in a closed container approved or otherwise authorized by the department, it shall be sufficient if the closed container has the grade indicated thereon, in accordance with department rules, by:
(a) Stamping the grade of the fruit on the container; or
(b) Use of labels, brands, or trademarks properly registered with the department to represent state or U.S. grades, as provided in subsection (4).
(4) In accordance with such rules as the department may prescribe, licensed citrus fruit dealers in this state are entitled to register labels, brands, or trademarks for grade identification purposes. The department shall maintain a record of all labels, brands, or trademarks registered for grade identification purposes, which record may be purged as necessary.