Terms Used In Florida Statutes 601.461
- Citrus fruit: means all varieties and regulated hybrids of citrus fruit and also means processed citrus products containing 20 percent or more citrus fruit or citrus fruit juice. See Florida Statutes 601.03
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Person: means any natural person, partnership, association, corporation, trust, estate, or other legal entity. See Florida Statutes 601.03
(1) It shall be unlawful for any person, firm, association, or corporation to falsify or alter any certificate, slip, or other document evidencing or pretending to evidence the weight of citrus fruit bought by weight or knowingly to make, utter, or deliver any such certificate, slip, or document which shall be false or to counsel, assist in, or procure any such act.