Terms Used In Florida Statutes 601.48
- Citrus fruit: means all varieties and regulated hybrids of citrus fruit and also means processed citrus products containing 20 percent or more citrus fruit or citrus fruit juice. See Florida Statutes 601.03
- Department: means the Department of Citrus. See Florida Statutes 601.03
- Department of Agriculture: means the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services. See Florida Statutes 601.03
- Processor: means any person engaged within this state in the business of canning, concentrating, or otherwise processing citrus fruit for market other than for shipment in fresh fruit form. See Florida Statutes 601.03
(1) If processed citrus products meet the requirements of the two highest grades as established by the Department of Citrus or, at the option of the processor, the two highest grades established by the United States Department of Agriculture, the processor shall have the privilege of using labels, brands, or trademarks properly registered with the Department of Citrus, as provided in subsection (2), to represent state or U.S. grades.
(2) In accordance with such rules as the Department of Citrus may prescribe, licensed citrus fruit dealers in this state shall be entitled to register labels, brands, or trademarks for grade identification purposes. The department shall maintain a record of all labels, brands, and trademarks registered for grade identification purposes, which record may be purged as necessary.
(3) The grade labeling requirements of this section shall not apply to intrastate shipments of processed citrus products between licensed citrus fruit dealers who are operators of processing plants duly registered under s. 601.40.