Terms Used In Florida Statutes 601.59
- Agent: means any person who, on behalf of any citrus fruit dealer, negotiates the consignment, purchase, or sale of citrus fruit, or weighs citrus fruit so that the weight thereof may be used in computing the amount to be paid therefor. See Florida Statutes 601.03
- Citrus fruit: means all varieties and regulated hybrids of citrus fruit and also means processed citrus products containing 20 percent or more citrus fruit or citrus fruit juice. See Florida Statutes 601.03
- Citrus fruit dealer: means any consignor, commission merchant, consignment shipper, cash buyer, broker, association, cooperative association, express or gift fruit shipper, or person who in any manner makes or attempts to make money or other thing of value on citrus fruit in any manner whatsoever, other than of growing or producing citrus fruit. See Florida Statutes 601.03
- Department: means the Department of Citrus. See Florida Statutes 601.03
- Department of Agriculture: means the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services. See Florida Statutes 601.03
- shipping: means to move, or cause to be moved, citrus fruit or the canned or concentrated products thereof in intrastate, interstate, or foreign commerce by rail, truck, boat, airplane, or any other means. See Florida Statutes 601.03
- Shipping season: means that period beginning August 1 of one year and ending July 31 of the following year. See Florida Statutes 601.03
(1) Each applicant who qualifies for a citrus fruit dealer’s license shall pay to the Department of Agriculture, prior to issuance of such license, a license fee of $25 per shipping season or portion thereof covered by the license.
(2) A registration fee of $10 per shipping season or portion thereof covered by the dealer’s license shall be paid to the Department of Agriculture for the registration of each agent of a licensed citrus fruit dealer.
(3) All license and registration fees imposed and collected under the provisions of this section shall be paid to the State Treasury on or before the 15th day of each month. Such moneys shall be deposited in the Citrus Inspection Trust Fund and are hereby appropriated in the manner provided by s. 601.28(3)(b).