Terms Used In Florida Statutes 601.72
- Citrus fruit: means all varieties and regulated hybrids of citrus fruit and also means processed citrus products containing 20 percent or more citrus fruit or citrus fruit juice. See Florida Statutes 601.03
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Person: means any natural person, partnership, association, corporation, trust, estate, or other legal entity. See Florida Statutes 601.03
Any person who violates or aids or abets in the violation of any provision of this chapter shall for each offense be guilty of a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083; provided further that a person shall be guilty hereunder upon conviction for nonpayment of a debt arising solely out of the purchase or sale of citrus fruits only when criminal fraud is proved. Civil suits against a citrus fruit dealer only, without resort to such dealer’s bond as provided in s. 601.65, and also criminal prosecutions arising by violation of any of the provisions of this chapter as herein provided, may be instituted or prosecuted in the county where the said citrus fruit was received by the dealer or in the county wherein the principal place of business of such dealer is located within the state, or within the county in which the alleged violation occurred; and if such violation occurs in more than one county, then within the county wherein such violation or any part thereof occurred.