(1) The division shall cooperate with the Federal Government so that duplicate inspections will be avoided while at the same time ensuring safe firefighter employee places of employment for the citizens of this state.
(2) A private firefighter employer is not subject to the requirements set forth in part IV and this part if the private firefighter employer meets the requirements of this part and:
(a) The private firefighter employer is subject to the federal regulations in 29 C.F.R. ss. 1910 and 1926.
Terms Used In Florida Statutes 633.528
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Division: means the Division of State Fire Marshal within the Department of Financial Services. See Florida Statutes 633.102
- employment: means any service performed by a firefighter employee for the firefighter employer. See Florida Statutes 633.504
- Firefighter: means an individual who holds a current and valid Firefighter Certificate of Compliance or Special Certificate of Compliance issued by the division under…. See Florida Statutes 633.102
- Firefighter employer: means the state and all political subdivisions of this state, all public and quasi-public corporations in this state, and a person carrying on any employment for this state, political subdivisions of this state, and public and quasi-public corporations in this state which employs firefighter employees, except those appointed under…. See Florida Statutes 633.504
(b) The private firefighter employer has adopted and implemented a written safety program that conforms to the requirements of 29 C.F.R. ss. 1910 and 1926.
(c) The private firefighter employer provides the division with a written statement that certifies compliance with this subsection.
(3) The division may enter at any reasonable time any place of private firefighter employment for the purpose of verifying the accuracy of the written certification. If the division determines that the private firefighter employer has not complied with the requirements of subsection (2), the private firefighter employer shall be subject to the rules of the division until the private firefighter employer complies with subsection (2), which must be verified by a reinspection by the division.
(4) This section shall not restrict the division’s performance of any duties pursuant to a written contract between the division and the federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration.