Terms Used In Florida Statutes 828.26
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- person: includes individuals, children, firms, associations, joint adventures, partnerships, estates, trusts, business trusts, syndicates, fiduciaries, corporations, and all other groups or combinations. See Florida Statutes 88.6011
(1) Any person who violates the provisions of ss. 828.22–828.26 and any rule associated with these sections shall be subject to an administrative fine of up to $10,000 for each violation.
(2) Unless otherwise provided, any person who violates any provision of ss. 828.22–828.26 commits a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.
(3) Nothing in this section precludes the enforcement of s. 828.12, relating to cruelty to animals.