Terms Used In Florida Statutes 870.02
- Bail: Security given for the release of a criminal defendant or witness from legal custody (usually in the form of money) to secure his/her appearance on the day and time appointed.
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- person: includes individuals, children, firms, associations, joint adventures, partnerships, estates, trusts, business trusts, syndicates, fiduciaries, corporations, and all other groups or combinations. See Florida Statutes 1.01
(1) If three or more persons meet together to commit a breach of the peace, or to do any other unlawful act, each of them commits a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.
(2) A person arrested for a violation of this section shall be held in custody until brought before the court for admittance to bail in accordance with chapter 903.