(1) The department shall charge an inmate for the following and place a lien on the inmate’s trust fund account if the inmate has insufficient funds at the time the charges are imposed:
(a) Costs of duplication of documents and accompanying evidentiary materials needed to initiate civil proceedings in judicial or administrative forums or that must be filed or served in a pending civil proceeding. The following costs are authorized:
1. Up to 15 cents per one-sided copy for duplicated copies of not more than 14 inches by 81/2 inches; or
2. For all other copies, the actual cost of duplication.
Terms Used In Florida Statutes 945.6038
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
(b) Postage and any special delivery charges, if required by law or rule, for mail to courts, attorneys, parties, and other persons required to be served.
(2) The department shall adopt rules pursuant to ss. 120.536(1) and 120.54 to implement this section.
(3) This section is not intended to create any legal rights or obligations that do not otherwise exist. This section is not intended to limit or preclude the department from charging for duplication of its records as allowed under chapter 119, nor is it intended to create a right to substitute a lien in lieu of payment for public records.