Terms Used In Florida Statutes 946.503
- person: includes individuals, children, firms, associations, joint adventures, partnerships, estates, trusts, business trusts, syndicates, fiduciaries, corporations, and all other groups or combinations. See Florida Statutes 88.6011
As used in this part, the term:
(1) “Corporation” means the private nonprofit corporation established pursuant to s. 946.504(1), or a private nonprofit corporation whose sole member is the private nonprofit corporation established pursuant to s. 946.504(1), and at least 51 percent of the board of which contains members of the board of directors of the private nonprofit corporation established pursuant to s. 946.504(1), to carry out this part.
(2) “Correctional work program” means any program presently a part of the prison industries program operated by the department or any other correctional work program carried on at any state correctional facility presently or in the future, but the term does not include any program authorized by s. 945.091 or s. 946.40.
(3) “Department” means the Department of Corrections.
(4) “Facilities” means the buildings and land used in the operation of an industry program on state property.
(5) “Inmate” means any person incarcerated within any state, county, municipal, or private correctional facility.