Terms Used In Florida Statutes 946.522
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Corporation: means the private nonprofit corporation established pursuant to…. See Florida Statutes 946.503
- Department: means the Department of Corrections. See Florida Statutes 946.503
- Facilities: means the buildings and land used in the operation of an industry program on state property. See Florida Statutes 946.503
- Fiduciary: A trustee, executor, or administrator.
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.
(1) The Prison Industries Trust Fund is created, to be administered by the Department of Financial Services. The trust fund shall consist of moneys authorized to be deducted pursuant to 18 U.S.C. s. 1761(c) and the applicable federal guidelines, to be appropriated by the Legislature, and moneys deposited by the corporation authorized under this part to manage and operate correctional work programs. The appropriated funds shall be used by the corporation for purposes of construction or renovation of its facilities or for the expansion or establishment of correctional work programs as described in this part or for prison industries enhancement (PIE) programs as authorized under s. 946.523.
(2) The funds must be deposited in the State Treasury and may be paid out only on warrants drawn by the Chief Financial Officer upon receipt of a corporate resolution that has been duly authorized by the board of directors of the corporation authorized under this part to manage and operate correctional work programs. The corporation shall maintain all necessary records and accounts relative to such funds.
(3) The trust fund is exempt from s. 215.20.
(4) Notwithstanding s. 216.301 and pursuant to s. 216.351, any balance in the trust fund at the end of any fiscal year shall remain in the trust fund at the end of that year and shall be available for carrying out the purposes of the trust fund.
(5) Pursuant to s. 19(f)(3), Art. III of the State Constitution, the trust fund consists of assets held by the state, in a trustee capacity, as an agent or fiduciary for the corporation authorized under this part, and is not subject to termination under s. 19(f)(2), Art. III of the State Constitution.