(1)(a) Any offense that if committed at a state correctional facility would be a crime is a crime if committed by or with regard to inmates at private correctional facilities operated pursuant to a contract entered into under this chapter.
Terms Used In Florida Statutes 957.09
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- department: means the Department of Corrections. See Florida Statutes 957.02
(b) All laws relating to commutation of sentences, release and parole eligibility, and the award of sentence credits apply to inmates incarcerated in a private correctional facility operated pursuant to a contract entered into under this chapter.
(2) The provisions of this chapter are supplemental to the provisions of ss. 944.105 and 944.710–944.719. However, in any conflict between a provision of this chapter and a provision of such other sections, the provision of this chapter shall prevail.
(3) The provisions of law governing the participation of minority business enterprises are applicable to this chapter.
(4) The provisions of this chapter do not apply to contracts between the department and county and municipal entities, other states, political subdivisions of another state, or correctional management service vendors in another state for the transfer and confinement of state inmates.