|§ 559.10||Definition; “budget planning.”|
|§ 559.11||Budget planning prohibited|
Terms Used In Florida Statutes > Chapter 559 > Part II - Budget Planning
- Board: means the Board of Medicine. See Florida Statutes 458.305
- budget planning: as used in this part shall mean the act of entering into a contract by any person, firm, corporation, or association with a particular debtor by the terms of which contract the debtor agrees to deposit periodically with such person, firm, corporation, or association a specified sum of money and said person, firm, corporation, or association agrees to distribute said sum of money among specified creditors of the debtor in accordance with an agreed plan for which service the debtor agrees to pay a valuable consideration. See Florida Statutes 559.10
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Department: means the Department of Health. See Florida Statutes 458.305
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Firm: as used in this part shall not include a partnership, all the members of which are admitted to practice law in this state, and who are current members of The Florida Bar. See Florida Statutes 559.12
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Mortgage: The written agreement pledging property to a creditor as collateral for a loan.
- Mortgagor: The person who pledges property to a creditor as collateral for a loan and who receives the money.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: as used in this part shall not include a person actively practicing law in Florida and who is also admitted to The Florida Bar, and any person who is currently a member of The Florida Bar. See Florida Statutes 559.12
- Physician: means a person who is licensed to practice medicine in this state. See Florida Statutes 458.305
- Practice of medicine: means the diagnosis, treatment, operation, or prescription for any human disease, pain, injury, deformity, or other physical or mental condition. See Florida Statutes 458.305
- Probation: A sentencing alternative to imprisonment in which the court releases convicted defendants under supervision as long as certain conditions are observed.
- writing: includes handwriting, printing, typewriting, and all other methods and means of forming letters and characters upon paper, stone, wood, or other materials. See Florida Statutes 1.01