|§ 616.241||Trade standards for operation at public fairs and expositions|
|§ 616.242||Safety standards for amusement rides|
Terms Used In Florida Statutes > Chapter 616 > Part II
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- association: means an association not for profit incorporated under this chapter for the purpose of conducting and operating public fairs or expositions. See Florida Statutes 616.001
- Authority: means the Florida State Fair Authority. See Florida Statutes 616.001
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Concession: means use by a fair association, or a grant, lease, or license to a third party, of a portion of the land under the ownership, custody, or control of a fair association for specific uses, or the right to enter upon the land for specific purposes, such as providing rides, games, food, beverage, merchandise for sale, exhibits, projects, activities, events, programs, or other uses authorized in this chapter. See Florida Statutes 616.001
- Department: means the Department of Health. See Florida Statutes 490.003
- Department: means the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services. See Florida Statutes 616.001
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Exhibit: means one or more entries entered for exhibition and constituting a unit. See Florida Statutes 616.001
- Grand jury: agreement providing that a lender will delay exercising its rights (in the case of a mortgage,
- Injunction: An order of the court prohibiting (or compelling) the performance of a specific act to prevent irreparable damage or injury.
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- person: includes individuals, children, firms, associations, joint adventures, partnerships, estates, trusts, business trusts, syndicates, fiduciaries, corporations, and all other groups or combinations. See Florida Statutes 1.01
- Public fair or exposition: means a project, activity, event, or program, and use by a fair association, including, but not limited to, the annual public fair, which serves the purposes specified in…. See Florida Statutes 616.001
- Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant.
- Rescission: The cancellation of budget authority previously provided by Congress. The Impoundment Control Act of 1974 specifies that the President may propose to Congress that funds be rescinded. If both Houses have not approved a rescission proposal (by passing legislation) within 45 days of continuous session, any funds being withheld must be made available for obligation.
- Subpoena: A command to a witness to appear and give testimony.
- Testify: Answer questions in court.
- Testimony: Evidence presented orally by witnesses during trials or before grand juries.
- writing: includes handwriting, printing, typewriting, and all other methods and means of forming letters and characters upon paper, stone, wood, or other materials. See Florida Statutes 1.01