(1) In addition to other powers and duties, the director of the department of agriculture shall have regulatory authority to specify the varieties of rapeseed produced in the state and the geographical locations where each variety may be produced or stored. The director shall promulgate rules and regulations in compliance with chapter 52, title 67, Idaho Code, that may be necessary for the efficient enforcement of the provisions of this section and may prescribe grade and quality standards for rapeseed.
Terms Used In Idaho Code 22-108
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories; and the words "United States" may include the District of Columbia and territories. See Idaho Code 73-114
(2) The director may, by rule and regulation, establish a schedule of fees for services performed by the department in the administration of this section and rules and regulations promulgated pursuant thereto, and the director may levy a fee on each hundredweight of rapeseed produced in this state sufficient to defray the costs of administering the provisions of this section and rules and regulations promulgated pursuant thereto. Receipts of these fees shall be deposited in the agricultural inspection account created pursuant to section 22-105, Idaho Code, and shall be used, subject to annual appropriation of the legislature, to pay the cost of administering the provisions of this section and rules and regulations promulgated pursuant thereto.
(3) Every violation of the provisions of this section and any rules and regulations promulgated pursuant thereto shall be a misdemeanor and shall be punished by a fine not exceeding one thousand dollars ($1,000).