(1) Except as provided in subsection (2) of this section, the department of agriculture may promulgate rules in compliance with chapter 52, title 67, Idaho Code, for the purpose of assisting others in the domestic and international promotion and certification of Idaho agricultural products. Programs authorized by this section are for the purpose of promoting Idaho agricultural products and/or to certify that Idaho agricultural products meet required standards in order to move in commerce. Programs authorized by this section are to be funded by the assessment of fees directly related to the provision of voluntary services and programs authorized and provided by rules adopted pursuant to this section. Fees assessed and collected pursuant to rules adopted according to this section shall be deposited in the agricultural department inspection fund and subject to the provisions of section 22-105, Idaho Code.
Terms Used In Idaho Code 22-112
- Property: includes both real and personal property. See Idaho Code 73-114
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories; and the words "United States" may include the District of Columbia and territories. See Idaho Code 73-114
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
(2) Commissions, boards, associations, or other organizations authorized by statute to promote or regulate agricultural products grown, packed, or processed in the state of Idaho under Idaho law shall be the primary and principal promotion and certification mark and trademark organizations for the particular commodity they are authorized to promote or regulate. Any trademarks, certification marks, brands, seals, logos or other identification marks, whether registered or not, that are established, owned or used by such commissions, boards, associations or organizations shall remain their sole property, and any use or infringement of their ownership right is prohibited unless written permission is obtained from an authorized representative of the commission, board, association or organization.
(3) A commission, board, association or other organization referenced in subsection (2) of this section may, upon a request to and acceptance by the Idaho department of agriculture, participate in the promotion and certification programs administered by the department, including the payment of fees as required by rules adopted pursuant to subsection (1) of this section.
(4) Neither the Idaho department of agriculture, nor any agricultural entity referenced in subsection (2) of this section, shall be responsible for any negligent or other tortious act of the other while participating in a joint promotional activity.